Monday 16 April 2012

My Clinique 3 steps skin care routine dissappointment


                           Clinique 3 steps skin care routine


Neo a friend on mine who"knows" so much about Skin care products recently advised me to start using the Clinique 3 step care routine,when i started complaining to her about my dry skin and breakouts,i have always had bad skin and some times its a lot more bad than other times but hey #TeamMakeup for bad skin days lol,anyway 
so off to Edgars Centurion Mall I went.

The 3 step products containes the number 1 which she said is probably the best for my dry skin, as well as the gel moisturizer and not the lotion. I bought the set, the full size cleanser and toner and the travel size moisturizer.

The assistant told me to use it twice a day, and did that religiously for about a month and some weeks, before starting to sometimes try other product here and there.

HERE ARE THE PRODUCTS...............
   

  
1 Clinique facial soap in mild.
I like the medical smell Clinique's products have. The soap is indeed very gentle on my skin, after cleansing and padding dry, my face didn't feel super dry right after anymore.
The only downside ... it didn't help much with my breakouts.
The good thing, it's totally affordable for a non drugstore product and lasts forever.


2 Clinique clarifying toner, nr 1.
The toner has the same medical smell as the cleanser, but is still too dry for my skin.  I read so many reviews that the toner cleared people's skin out - not mine... I stopped using it, why drying out my face and probably causing more damage to it if it doesn't clear out my breakouts?
Same as the cleanser, it's totally affordable for a non drugstore product and lasts a long time.




3 Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel (travel size)
I'm not sure why it's called "dramatically different", but it sure didn't do much difference on my skin. Not an hour later my face felt thight and dry again, even by applying more than another moisturizer.



EISH!!! I so wish i had never taken Neo's advise, i have just decided to do the right thing and go see a dermatologist winter is knocking and my skin gets worse off *sigh*

What do you guys use????? ADVISE PLEASE

7 comments:

  1. Nana clinque products are a no no,rather go see a doctor,i see one every six months.great blog im hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try dermologica products girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also say try dermologica it worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have the money never mind the patience to nurse something that might not work. but if u say it works i believe you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it doesnt work cuz,no need to waste money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. then in that incase il stick to my lemon lite and sunlight bar

      Delete