Tuesday 22 January 2013

The are no rules in life besides the ones that we make for ourselves...

Our lives are full of laughter and full of tears. They can be hectic, involved, and demanding. One thing I know for sure, is our lives are short and for those brief precious moments on earth, our lives are our own. Since little girls we were governed by multiple sets of rules: always sit up straight, don’t play too rough, and don’t eat too much. As adult women, not only must we remember our childhood rules, but we learn that we mustn’t speak up too loudly in business meetings or text back a response too slowly for fear of offending someone. Countless rules dictate the clothes we should and should not wear, food we should and should not eat, and individuals we should and should not love.
I am sure we can all think of someone that followed all their rules but is not happy…

At 21, I believed I had to commit to a life-long career by 23, marry by 25, and have two children before 27. I feared that I would be punished with a lifetime of unhappiness for breaking them, yet as I turn 24 I feel like I have already started to brake some of these Rules, and have never felt happier or more at peace.

I discovered that,the are no rules in life besides the ones that we make for ourselves. Your short life on this earth remains your own. Stop and reflect about what your rules are and why they mean something to you. You may discover the dreams that live within you, don’t have to remain dreams forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment